WISCASSET SCHOOL DEPARTMENT has openings for the following positions:
WMHS Social Worker: LCSW needed to support middle and high school students in grades 6-11 (four days per week)
If interested in this position, please send application (found at www.wiscassetschools.org) letter of interest, current resume, copy of current certifications and license, transcripts, and three letters of reference to: Dr. Terry L. Wood via email@example.com
Network IT Support Position - 1 year position
SUMMARY: The IT Support Technician position plays a direct role in the overall level of support to end users in our school district. This position requires the desire to continue to expand one’s knowledge of technology. This position requires the ability to perform advanced technical duties under minimal supervision as needed or required to support the efforts of the technology team. Strong communications skills and a friendly demeanor are a must, in addition to advanced troubleshooting and research skills.
PART-TIME (Flexible Scheduling) On Call
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Handles HelpDesk tickets that have been escalated from Tier I incoming requests for assistance from users experiencing technology-related problems.
- JAMF Certified
- APPLE Technician Certified
- Google G-Suite Certification
- Work at times may be afterschool, night meetings,events
- Provides support for district technology users – for both hardware and software issues via helpdesk, email, phone, and in the field.
- Provides problem resolution, or makes referrals to appropriate supervisors.
- Installs and configures hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Assembles and replicates workstations for dissemination in different schools.
- Assists with software and hardware testing and evaluation.
- Logs and tracks requests for assistance in the Powerschool helpdesk system.
- Keeps accurate inventories and records.
- Assists in the development of project plans and adheres to project timelines.
- Collaborates with team members to create standardized processes and documentation.
- Provides training for level 1 technicians and occasional training to end users within the context of support.
- Capable of explaining complex technical ideas to management.
- Models and implements industry standards and best practices in the technology field.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Installs and configures hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Is able to readily learn new software packages.
- Provide remote troubleshooting solutions for computer or operating system issues.
- Work closely with other departments for collaborating IT projects.
- Works to develop and implement automation of IT processes.
- Analyzes complex computer systems, identify problems, and develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions.
- Operates a personal computer and manages servers using program applications appropriate to assigned duties.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Maintain important records efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to coordinate, research, and analyze special in class projects/reports/support.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and supervisors
- Perform time management and scheduling functions, meet deadlines, and set assistance priorities, including following up on such functions or projects.
To apply for this posltion please send a current resume, letter of interest, application for employment (found at www.wiscassetschools.org), and 3 references to Dr. Terry L. Wood via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sheepscot Regional Education program has an opening for the following position:
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applicants must have ME DOE 282 or 286 Endorsement or be eligible.
Grades 8-12 Special Education Teacher: The Sheepscot Regional Education Program, serves students identified with Behavioral and Emotional challenges. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic special education teacher who truly enjoys working with teenagers in grades 8-12. This is a highly structured program that utilizes a variety of instructional techniques. Successful candidate will be able to: complete all aspects of IEP development and implementation; develop and deliver specially designed instruction in multiple content areas; participate in the development and implementation of positive behavior support plans; manage behavior using positive, and proactive strategies; accurately record data on students’ progress; successfully complete Safety Care training; and work as part of a strong cohesive team. Join our team and make a difference! A 282 or 286 certification is preferred. The Sheepscot Regional Program employees are part of the Wiscasset School Department bargaining agreement.
To apply for this position, please send a completed application (found at www.wiscassetschools.org), letter of interest, updated resume, 3 professional references, and copies of current certification(s) to Dr. Terry Wood via email@example.com .
Gifted and Talented Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
The successful candidate will be a student centered and collaborative teacher who is able to differentiate learning experiences and opportunities to maximize student potential. The teacher will be able to develop the depth and quality of their students' experiences while adjusting the pace to meet individual needs. This is a K-12 position that includes consultation with classroom teachers and working directly with identified students.
If interested in this position, please forward a letter of interest, application (found at www.wiscassetschools.org), resume, 3 letters of reference, copies of appropriate certifications and official transcripts to Dr. Terry L. Wood, Superintendent via firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Nurse (LPN):
Wiscasset School Department has an opening for an LPN at Wiscasset Middle High School. Considering FT or PT. Experience in dealing with a wide range of medical conditions and triage. Applicants should be familiar with electronic record keeping for all students. Applicants should be knowledgeable about State and MDOE Requirements/ Guidelines. Position to begin with the 2021-2022 school year. School nurse experience preferred, but recent graduates will be considered.
Educational Technicians - For the start of the 2021-2022 school year. The successful candidate(s) will support students in the classroom and possible 1-1 situation - positions may be needed at both the elementary and secondary levels. Must have ME Department of Education Educational Technician certification. These positions will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Grades 7-12 Certified high school teachers (all content areas welcome to apply) - WMHS is anticipating the need for high school teachers to support all content areas
Elementary Level teaching position(s) ~ beginning with 2021-2022 school year:Elementary classroom teaching experience at the primary levels preferred. Must have ME DOE General Elementary Endorsement (020)
The successful candidate for each position will be a student-centered, collaborative teacher who is passionate about teaching and learning at the elementary level. Strong communication skills and effective and appropriate classroom management skills are absolutely required. All candidates must have appropriate K-8 teacher certification. These positions will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for these positions, send a completed application (http://wiscassetme.apptegy.us/o/wiscasset-school-department/browse/48303) letter of interest with a current resume and 3 letters of recommendation and current certification(s) to Dr. Terry L. Wood, Superintendent of Schools via email@example.com
Bus Driver - 20 hours per week. CDL with endorsements, physical and clean driving record required. Must be available each school day for assigned route.
Van Driver - 20 hours per week. Physical and clean driving record required. Must be available each school day for assigned route.
These positions will remain open until suitable candidates are found. All candidates must have completed ME Department of Education fingerprints and CHRC. To apply, please send letter of interest, current resume with list of three references, and Wiscasset School Department application found here http://wiscassetme.